Melanie Bullock Consulting is look for a strong candidate for a Strategic Marketing & Branding Intern. The candidate will have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects to include business and brand development, financial analysis, social media and more to a diverse clientele. Our goal is to unlock the true potential of a client’s product or service, connect them to their target audience, and help them achieve their desired result.
The Strategic Marketing & Branding Intern should satisfy the following requirements:
– Is currently enrolled in, or has graduated from, a post-secondary program in business, marketing, communications or related field.
– Preferably have gained some experience through an internship or other position outside of a school setting.
– Must have excellent writing skills and a good understanding of marketing, business, and social media.
– Must have an understanding of working remotely with a team and the ability to video conference.
– Must be able to self-manage and prioritize deadlines.
The Strategic Marketing & Branding Intern will be employed for a period to be determined, but likely to be approximately 4-6 months. Please note: this position is strictly remote, with multiple projects and deadlines.
The Marketing & Branding Intern has the opportunity to work with and learn from employees of Melanie Bullock Consulting about the industry and how best to serve client’s strategic marketing and branding needs. The Marketing & Branding Intern will be mentored by Founder, Melanie Bullock and will help him/her prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
– Thinks creatively while learning to focus strategically.
– Assist in creating social media campaigns for various accounts, multiple social media networks and platforms.
– Monitor social media communities and engage in social listening.
– Review social media analytics and provide thoughtful insights.
– Produce graphics for social media and provide photography services where needed.
– Work towards managing social media accounts independently and strategically.
– Conducts industry, client, or topical research as directed.
– Attends occasional meetings (virtually), presentations, brainstorming sessions, or other events as directed.
– Analyze current market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
– Generates weekly and / or monthly reports, as well as provide recommendations for client projects.
– Accepts assignments and responsibilities with enthusiasm and a clear demonstration of a desire to learn and grow as a professional communicator.
– Provides grammatically-flawless communications support through the drafting of basic communications materials which may include business presentations, business emails, email marketing, blog posts, social media, news releases, status reports, and other materials as directed.
Specific Requirements Include:
– Possess a keen interest in working for a strategic marketing consulting start-up.
– Demonstrates a passion for understanding marketing and branding communications and its integration into an overall business strategy.
– Demonstrates analytical and project management skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks.
– Has exceptional written and personal communication skills.
– Displays competence in oral, written, and visual communication.
– Possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment and willing to reprioritize tasks while maintaining deadlines and goals.
– Is proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and all portions of the Adobe Creative Suite such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.
– Must have experience with online photo and graphic editing tools (such as Canva or BeFunky; PicMonkey is a plus as well).
– Candidate must be located within the U.S.
- The information contained in this position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
Please note the following:
– This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
– In return for your hard work and dedication, this position will provide you with:
– Detailed letters of reference noting your internship experience,
– Digital and hard copies of your work samples,
– Detailed Linkedin referral,
– Verbal reference referral for any position you may seek up to 2 years, and
– Potential opportunity for paid position moving forward after 1 full year.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2016. If interested, please forward a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
- Melanie Bullock
- Founder, Melanie Bullock Consulting
- W: 310-663-3839
- E: email@example.com
- For a printable version of this internship description, please click Melanie Bullock Consulting Internship.