Melanie Bullock Consulting is a strategic marketing and brand development consulting group that provides a broad range of services to include business plan development, brand development, financial analysis, social media management and more to a diverse clientele. Our goal is to unlock the true potential of a client’s product or service, connect them to their target audience, and help them achieve their desired result.
We are looking for freelance content writers to supply written content for blogs, social media, and general use in the following areas:
- Entertainment | Restaurants, Music, Books, Drinks, Cocktails, Electronics (all areas of entertaining or entertainment)
- Culture | Art, Artists, Photography, Current Events, Trending Items, Pop Culture, Influencers
- Travel | Exotic locations, Travel Tips, Travel Guides
- Fashion | High-End Fashion, Latest Trends, Designers, What’s Hot, Celebrity Looks
- Fitness | Trends, Fitness Programs, Nutrition, Men’s Health, Women’s Health (for health related items – only news worthy items will be accepted, no fad or diet material)
- Latest News | Trending Items
- Write original posts with effective, SEO optimized headlines that readers will want to share.
- Content should be original thoughts created by you – paraphrasing and plagiarism will not be tolerated. Melanie Bullock Consulting will not be responsible for any plagiarized content. All content will be taken down and work privileges revoked immediately.
- Track viral trends across social media platforms and create content around those trends based on the topics listed above.
- Must deliver 10-15 pieces of content on the specified topics per month, (this will be based on your assigned topic(s) and agreed upon prior to start.
- Final pieces can vary in length; however, minimum requirements for an article / blog are 500 words, contain a featured image, links to video and / or any other multi-media that accompanies the blog post.
- Must provide entertaining, accurate and factual content.
- All images, videos, and content used must be cleared for use by original owner.
- Please include links, etc. for all embedded content.
- Hyperlinks should include full site URL
- Strong writing samples showcasing creative and strategic writing capabilities (digital copywriting experience preferred, but not required).
- Superior writing and proofreading skills with an excellent command of grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work efficiently while maintaining careful attention to detail. Must be able to self-manage and prioritize deadlines.
- Strong understanding of content strategy and content consumption trends.
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement online, and the ability to articulate those qualities.
- Must be willing to take direction on, and / or edit, rewrite items as needed.
- Graphic design and photo editing skills are a huge plus, but not required.
- Must have fluent speaking and writing skills in English, (ability to write fluently in other languages will definitely give you an edge – specifically French and Spanish).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field preferred (English, journalism or other relevant area).
The information contained in this position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
This is a paid contract position and can be renewed on a quarterly basis.
1st round Decision will be made the week of September 25, 2016, with ongoing rolling deadlines as needed.
If interested, please forward your resume, writing samples, rate per post, and a brief explanation of why you are best suited for this position to:
- Melanie Bullock
- Founder, Melanie Bullock Consulting
- W: 310-663-3839
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a printable version of this description, please click Melanie Bullock – Content Writers.